Thursday, February 10, 2011

Italian job for Condor Cycles

Paint Shop, originally uploaded by Andy Waterman.
I'm just back from Italy shooting photos and video of Condor's frames being made. Italian factories reflect the general air of disorganisation that pervades Italy as a whole, but somehow they consistently create these beautiful hand made steel, aluminium and carbon frames. Travelling around a number of small factories it's surprising just how many man hours go into each frame. Hopefully the videos that come out of these few days will show that off. Keep your eyes peeled for them on Condor's website over the next few weeks.
1297244209045
And of course being Italy, everywhere you go you're offered coffee, which you have to drink, right? I nearly made myself ill on day one I drank so many espressos - think I'll give caffeine a break for a while now...
Coffee

No comments: