Thursday, May 03, 2007

Racing


In the last four days I've done three races, and surprisingly enough, I feel better for it. The first one went ok, a 110km hack around the Cutmill circuit in Surrey and I ended up 14th, not that the judges spotted me — they placed two riders who didn't finish in the top 10! On Tuesday evening I road Crystal Palace where I suffered like I've never suffered before just to finish. I spent the whole race wishing I was still a third cat and could race the slower race. Not that that's actually any slower, just the attacks are easier to follow. I'm looking pretty desperate in this picture from londoncyclesport.
Last night I raced at Eelmoor and came 7th. I attacked 10miles from the finish (there were already two riders up the road) and road 2miles by myself before being joined by Wozza and three other guys. Our tactics were crap and we came last out of our break, but still, it's points in an E/1/2 so I can't complain. Let's hope there more where that came from!

No comments: